Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use the Services. By using the Services and by agreeing to the Terms, you warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Please note that we offer many services. Your use of Century products or services are provided by Century pursuant to a separate manually or digitally-executed agreement. Those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use the Services or log into Century Sites. In the event of a conflict between your manually or digitally-executed agreement and these Terms, the manually or digitally-executed agreement shall prevail.
RESTRICTION ON USE
Material from the Services may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of Century. Modification or use of the Century materials for any purpose not permitted by these Terms violates Century’s intellectual property rights. The material on the Services are provided for lawful business purposes only. You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the Services for your own customer use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from these websites (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Services;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material from the Services for commercial purposes;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on Services;
- redistribute material from the Services (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter)).
- crawl, scrape, cache, or otherwise access any content or information on the Services via automated means.
- use any automatic, macro, program, or similar method, or otherwise commit fraud with regard to the Services, Century reserves the right to pursue legal action against you;
- stream, broadcast or post or otherwise use information via the Services that may lead to violations of data privacy laws or other harmful violations of personal identity or privacy.
If you download software from the Services, the software, including all files, images, contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (together, the “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Century. Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you, but remain with Century, which owns full and complete rights, title and interest in and to the Software. You may not resell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a humanly perceptible form.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights subsist in and to all content relating to Century’s services and in and to full content of the Services. Century’s brand names and names of specific services offered on the Services are protected under trademark and related laws.
- You must not use the Services (a) in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Century Sites or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Services; (b) in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or (c) relating to any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use the Services to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software, whether known or unknown.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting, on or in relation to our websites without express written consent.
- You must not use the Services to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use the Services for any purposes related to internal or external marketing without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of the Services is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of the Services, or to our Century Sites, at our discretion.
- If we provide you with or you generate a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of the Century Sites or our Services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
- You are responsible for any activity on the Services arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and you may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
- You must not use any other person’s user ID and password to access the Services.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time at our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
Notwithstanding our rights under these terms and conditions in relation to your content, we reserve the right to monitor and exclude your content from our Services.
For all communications made to or with us, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like, we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
Modifications and Termination
We reserve the right to modify the Services at any time, with or without notice to you. For example, we may add or remove functionality or features, and we may suspend or stop a particular feature altogether. We also reserve the right to charge a fee for any of our features at any time. If you don’t like any changes, you can stop using the Services at any time.
When you use the Services or send communications to us through the Services, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive electronically any communications related to your use of the Services. We may communicate with you by email or by posting notices through Century Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. All notices from us intended for receipt by you shall be deemed delivered and effective when sent to the email address you provide to us.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on the Services are provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Century:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to the Services and its contents, whether provided by Century or by any Century affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in the Services and/or our company literature. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised Century of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected unless otherwise allowed by law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CENTURY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE CENTURY SITES; (B) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES; (C) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY CENTURY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE SERVICES; (D) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (E) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICES’ OPERATION; OR (F) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY OTHER USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE, OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF CENTURY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL CENTURY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IF CENTURY IS FOUND LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, IN NO EVENT WILL CENTURY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES FOR THE PREVIOUS 12 MONTHS OR ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS $100, whichever is more.
CENTURY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE CENTURY FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
You hereby indemnify Century and undertake to keep Century indemnified and hold us harmless against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including but not limited to legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these Terms.
BREACHES OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms, if you breach these Terms in any form, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the Century Sites, prohibiting you from accessing the Services, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the Services, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the Services and/or bringing court proceedings against you, upon prior written notice to you. If the breach is not cured within five (5) business days of your receipt of written notice, or if the breach is not curable, our action shall be final. Time is of the essence.
We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise enforce our rights and/or obligations under these Terms without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise transfer your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
If a provision of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions shall remain in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision shall remain in effect.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
These Terms are for the benefit of you and Century and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of Century and your rights in relation to these Terms is not subject to or contingent on the consent of any third party.
If you do not comply with these Terms, our failure to take immediate action is not a waiver of any rights we may have to take action.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia, without regard to conflict of laws principles, and any disputes relating to these Terms will be subject to the exclusive and express jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction of Virginia, regardless of subject matter or diversity.
Century reserves all rights to make changes to these Terms and Conditions. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our websites from the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on our websites. These Terms and Conditions were last modified on 5/08/2023.
© 2013-2023 Century Distribution Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.