We collect personal information as part of our business operations, to provide our Services, to respond to requests and offer customer support, to fulfill legal and contractual obligations and to build our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you complete a form on our Website, sign-up to receive emails and other communications from us, order our products and services or contact customer support. We also collect personal information through your interaction with our Website, for example, using embedded product technologies and cookies. We also obtain data from third parties.
Information you provide to us
When you subscribe to a newsletter, create an account, make a purchase, or request information from us, or otherwise use our Services, we will collect the following personal information:
- Contact Data and Business Contact Information: such as name, company details, postal address, email address, business bank account and any data that would enable us to maintain our business relationship with you.
- Comments and other Feedback: such as comments or posts made through forums on our Website and other interactive features.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect the following information when you visit our Website, facilities, or use our Services:
- Internet or Other Network activity: such as information about your browser, type of device or operating system; IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer); date and time of your visit; and content you visited or downloaded; any movements and behavior on our Services; the amount of time you spend on our websites or webpages.
- Audio, Visual and Biometric Data: such we use CCTV or video when you visit our locations and/or foreign offices/warehouses, some entities may use faceprint recognition technology, and voice print recordings when you register for a conference.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: please refer to Cookies information located below.
Information Collected from our VIZIV / VMS (Visibility Management System)®
When you conduct business on our in-house systems as a registered user, we collect and store the following user personal information to insure we can interact with you and monitor your use of our systems:
- Information about your computer or other devices (i.e. phone, tablet) that are used to access our system.
- Browser type.
- IP address and/or country is used to provide better service.
- User ID.
- Company email address.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Century-issued User ID including passwords that are assigned to you for accessing our in-house systems.
We will deactivate users that have been inactivate for an extended period. Registered VMS®/ VIZIV users may access and change their information or request their local Century Representative to update as needed.
We use information that we collect for lawful purposes associated with the growth, maintenance and management of our business while also respecting your privacy. These uses include our internal operations and administration, communicating with you and fulfilling your requests for our Services, for advertising and marketing, to monitor and maintain functionality and security of our services and to improve, develop, enhance and otherwise provide the our services.
We may use your personal information:
- To communicate with you: You may choose to communicate with us via email (e.g. if you need help or if you forgot your login name). We use the information you provide in your communications with us to answer your questions. Sometimes we need more information to respond to your requests. Please remember that emails can be intercepted. We will never ask for private information like Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, credit card information, or passwords in an email. Please don’t include that kind of information in an email. We might send you regular updates about our business through mail or email when we have your consent. We might use your information to help with complaints or problems you have with our Website. You can stop getting emails from us at any time. See the section “Your Choices and Rights” for more information.
- To recruit you: we use the information we collect to ensure that we recruit the appropriate candidates.
- To manages access to our locations, sites, offices and/or premises.
- To operate our business: We use your information to provide our services and to engage in transactions required to maintain our contractual and business relationships.
- To provide the security and functionality of our Website: we use the information we collect to improve the security and functionality of our Websites, webpages, and networks, to provide the website, including authenticating you when you login and enabling your use of the services available on the Website. We also use your information to keep VMS® / VIZIV secure and prevent fraud, to conduct and manage anti-corruption, anti-fraud, anti-bribery checks, to assess and address risk management to avoid non-compliance, setbacks of our business and protecting of our reputation.
- To personalize your experience: We use your information to personalize your experience when on our website.
- To verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website, including monitoring private messages sent through our website’s private messaging service.
We also collect your company email address for:
- your registration of your new User ID;
- additional services or updates to system development or model changes; and
- to add you to our newsletter, which you may opt out of at any point or time.
We rely on the following legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above:
- Your consent (e.g. to send you newsletters and other marketing materials).
- Performance of a contractual obligation (e.g. we use your business email and other information to provide the Services to you)
- When we have a legitimate interest to do so (such as processing for administrative purposes, product development or improvement, preventing fraud or criminal acts and in support of information security) and our interest is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the time of collection. We will also tell you whether the requirement for that information is mandatory and explain any consequences to you if you do not provide the information. We are the controller for all personal information we collect in the EEA.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
There are two types of cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
We may use session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate through the website to prevent fraud and increase website security and for technical purposes to enable us to better navigate you through our site.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the security prevention); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any of Century’s businesses or assets that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
We may also use your information with companies engaged to help us prepare and deliver advertising and marketing content. We do not provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
You may request access or corrections to your personal data and make choices about the kinds of communications you receive.
Your California Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
NOTICE AT COLLECTION FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
|What Information Do We Collect About You?
|How We Use the Information We Collect
|Do We Sell or Share the Information?
|Identifiers, such as name, phone number, postal address, business address, e-mail address, IP address, and signature
|Financial Information, such as credit card information, bank account and routing number, and billing and shipping address.
|Internet/Network Information, such as device data, analytics data, advertising measurement data
please refer to our Cookies information
|Geolocation Data, such as precise geographic location information
|Biometric Data, such as CCTV, video, facial Recognition Technology and voiceprints.
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as CCTV.
|Professional/Employment Information, such as your employer, company, or school if your subscription is tied to an employer or school account
|Other Personal Information, such as information you post on our social media pages, comments and feedback, or otherwise provide to us
|Inferences, such as predictions about your interests and preferences
|Sensitive Personal Information, such as financial account information and biometric information
Retention. We will retain your information for as long as you use the Services and for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you. Once our relationship ends, we will retain any information needed to comply with our legal obligations and for record keeping purposes. Some or all data may be required for the website to function properly and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
To exercise your right to opt-out of “sales,” you may submit a request by sending an email to:
Please include your name and your company
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling your personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we correct any inaccurate personal information that we have collected directly from you. To protect your personal information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to opt-out of certain uses of your personal information (e.g. targeted advertising, sale, share or profiling).
- Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights above.
We do not use your sensitive personal information outside of the purpose for which you provided it to us. We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of anyone under the age of 13.
- Global Opt-out Signal. Some browsers offer you the ability to opt out of cookie-based and other online tracking, which may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information. At this time, we only respond to browser-based opt-out signals sent through the Global Privacy Control: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/. We do not respond to do not track or other browser-based signals.
- Financial Incentive. We do not offer any programs to you that would be considered a “financial incentive” for sharing your personal information under California law. Any perks/benefits/discounts are unrelated to your personal information.
- Authorized Agent. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and we will need to verify your identity directly.
Your European Rights
If you are in Europe, you may have additional rights under the GDPR.
You have the right to:
- Access, correct or delete your information: If you would like to correct or update your personal information, or to request access to or deletion of your personal information, you may contact us with the contact details provided at the end of this policy. If you request a change to or deletion of your personal information, please note that we may still need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. Some of your information may also remain within our systems and other records where necessary for compliance with applicable law. At your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you. We will require evidence of your identity before fulfilling your request.
- Objection to Processing or Withdrawing Consent. If you are in the EEA, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or withdraw your consent to processing. Withdrawing your consent will not affect (1) the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, or (2) processing your personal information under other legal bases.
We may not be able to give you access to our systems if you withdraw consent or restrict our ability to process your information for the purpose of authenticating you, providing VMS® / VIZIV system to you, or securing VMS® / VIZIV.
- You can stop the collection of cookie information on our websites easily by selecting the opt-out “Reject” button.
- You can opt-out of any of our newsletters and other marketing email communication by clicking on the Unsubscribe button on the page.
- Clients may opt out by contacting their local support representative.
- You may send your request for opt out to the PII data manager located under the Privacy Contact Information below.
In most cases, Century will verify identity through our existing authentication practices for password-protected accounts. We do not sell your personal information.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on the websites. You can adjust your privacy settings under your Internet browser “Privacy Setting” tools.
You can exercise your rights by:
- By contacting us directly through our website (contact us): www.centurysc.com
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our servers, which are protected by passwords and firewalls. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. Users are responsible for keeping their password and other login details confidential. We will not ask for your password except when you log into the VMS® / VIZIV application.
We will retain your information for as long as you use the websites and for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and for a reasonable time thereafter. Some or all data may be required for the website to function properly and we may be required to retain certain information by law. We will retain your information for as long as needed to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
Century is committed to the protection of children’s online privacy. Century does not collect information from a child under the age of 13.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deactivated by sending an email to email@example.com with your specific request.
Century Distribution Systems, Inc.
4860 Cox Road, Suite 210
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Effective as of January 22, 2023
© 2023 Century Distribution Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. | This policy was last modified on 05/08/2023.